Food for Special Medical Purposes. Amino acid mix essential and non-essential (except for phenylalanine), in powder, with fats, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
For the dietary management of phenylketonuria (PKU) in infants from birth to 12 months.
WARNING: Only for use by confirmed phenylketonuria infants from birth to 12 months and under strict medical supervision. Should not be used as a sole source of nutrition. For enteral use only.
N.B: Dietary management must be supplemented with natural protein, water and all other nutrients to meet the child’s needs and provide the necessary amounts of phenylalanine.
The recommended intake of noPhenyl should be determined by a clinician or dietician and is dependant on the age, body weight and medical condition of the patient.
1 scoop = 4.5g for 30ml of water. Reconstitution at a concentration of 13.5%
- Wash feeding bottle, nipple and cap carefull then boil for 10 minutes.
- Boil drinking water for 10 minutes, allow to cool and pour into the feeding bottle the necessary quantity according to your baby’s age.
- Add the exact number of level scoops according to your baby’s age.
- Cap the bottle, shake it until powder is completely dissolved and make sur that preparation is at body temperature.
- Always, discard unfinished feeds, clean and wash feeding bottle, nipple and cap immediately after feeding the baby.