Cherry Soft-Heart Cakes
- 150g of Natural Cake Mix
- 50ml of water
- 35g of butter
- 2 drops of bitter almond extract
- 10 fresh cherries
- 50g of cherry jam
- Heat the water and butter, without bringing to a boil. Remove from heat and add the almond extract.
- Pit the cherries and cut into pieces.
- Whisk the cake mix to remove any lumps. Pour in the butter/water mixture to obtain a smooth and even batter.
- Incorporate the cherries then pour a spoonful of the batter into mini cake moulds with a hollow centre.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 180°C (gas mark 6).
- Fill the hollow with a spoonful of jam.