- 300g pie pastry
- 200g potatoes
- 50g butter
- salt, pepper, basil
- Preheat oven to 210°C (gas mark 6).
- Line an oven-safe dish with the low-protein pastry (reserving some for a lattice top).
- Prick the pastry with a fork and bake for 15 minutes in a hot oven.
- Peel the potatoes; slice them; blanch them for 3 minutes in boiling, salted water; drain them; blot them and layer them in the half-baked pie pastry. Season, add the basil and pour on the melted butter.
- Cover the pie with latticed pastry strips. Return to the oven and finish baking at 210°C (gas mark 6).
- Serve hot with salad.