- 150 g bread and pastry mix
- 1 packet baking powder
- ½ tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 150 ml water
- 150 g seeded, peeled pumpkin
- Massala (Indian spices)
- Powdered garlic, lemon zest, parsley
- Tabasco sauce or hot pepper (optional)
- Oil for deep frying
- Grate the pumpkin. In a mixing bowl, mix the bread and pastry mix with the baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Whisk while pouring in the water and mix well.
- Stir in the pumpkin, parsley, lemon zest, garlic and spices.
- Heat the oil. Use a teaspoon to make balls of dough and drop them in the oil. When the fritters float, turn them constantly to brown them evenly.
- Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel.
198kcal / 843kJ