75 arancini of 40g
Can be frozen
- 1 kg couscous
- 50ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp oil
- 500g meat substitute
- 400g cooked garden peas
- 100g Cheese slice substitute
- 250g French toasts for the breadcrumbs (1 packet)
- 60g egg substitute
- Salt and pepper
- Oil for frying
- Pour the couscous into a heatproof bowl and then add the boiling vegetable stock.
Add 2 tbsp of oil and leave to absorb the liquid. Season with salt and pepper.
Once cool, shape the couscous into small balls in the palms of your hands.
- Prepare the meat substitute according to the instructions, and add the cheese in small pieces.
- Take a ball of couscous and flatten the centre. Insert a little meat stuffing with some peas and then reseal the ball.
- Roll the balls in 60 g of egg substitute reconstituted with 240 ml of water. Crush the French toasts in their sachet to make breadcrumbs and coat the balls.
- Deep fry the arancini in hot oil until golden.