Tiered Cupcake Stack
- 1 sachet natural cake mix
- 70 g melted pasteurised butter
- 150 ml water
- Choice of lemon or orange zest, candied fruit or caramel chips
- Fondant icing
- Sugar roses
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Add the contents of the sachet and 150 ml water to a bowl and whisk. Add the melted butter
- Divide the cake batter into two and add your choice of lemon or orange zest, candied fruit or caramel chips.
- Transfer the batter to a pastry bag and fill the paper cupcake cups two-thirds full. Bake for 18 minutes.
- Knead the fondant icing quickly between your hands. Dust the work surface with a little icing sugar and roll out the fondant to a thickness of 3 mm. Cut out shapes using the pastry cutter, using a different colour fondant icing for each flavour of cupcake. Decorate the little cupcakes.
- Arrange the cupcakes in circles of decreasing size to make a tiered display, using skewers if necessary.
Tip: create a tiered cupcake stack for everyone by also making a conventional cupcake recipe. Distinguish the low-protein cakes by using fondant icing of a different colour for the conventional cakes.
1450 kj / 345 kcal