- 10 plain shortbread biscuits (about 60 g)
- 25 g butter
For the cream:
- 150 ml Dalia
- 40 g butter
- 20 g egg substitute
- 2.5 ml agar agar
- 80 ml water
- Zest of a lemon
- Yellow food colouring
- Crush the shortbread and incorporate the softened butter (25 g). Press the shortbread crumbs into bottom of the cake tin and transfer to the refrigerator.
- Boil 80 ml water with the lemon zest and some yellow food colouring. Leave to infuse and then strain.
- At the same time, make a warm cream sauce. Add the egg substitute and agar agar to the cold Dalia. Whisk. Add the butter and warm, stirring until the sauce thickens.
- Transfer to a metal mixing bowl sitting in a tray of cold water and ice-cubes.
- Whisk with an electric mixer, adding the lemon water very gradually until the mixture becomes airy and light.
- Pour into the cake tin until full and then refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Run a palette knife around the edge to prevent sticking and decorate with a slice of lemon.
Tip: this light cream can be used as an accompaniment to many desserts, such as fruit salad and tarte Tatin. Simply replace the lemon water with mildly acidic fruit juice, vanilla water, and so on.
2118 kj / 510 kcal